Saturday 16 August 2008

Know Your Enemy

* * *

And the Shaitan shall say after the affair is decided: Surely Allah promised you the promise of truth, and I gave you promises, then failed to keep them to you, and I had no authority over you, except that I called you and you obeyed me, therefore do not blame me but blame yourselves: I cannot be your aider (now) nor can you be my aiders; surely I disbelieved in your associating me with Allah before; surely it is the unjust that shall have the painful punishment.

Holy Quran, 14:22

* * *

(1) And when your Lord said to the angels: Surely I am going to create a mortal of the essence of black mud fashioned in shape.
So when I have made him complete and breathed into him of My spirit, fall down making obeisance to him.
So the angels made obeisance, all of them together,
(2) But Iblis (did it not); he refused to be with those who made obeisance.

He said: O Iblis! what excuse have you that you are not with those who make obeisance?


(3) He said: I am not such that I should make obeisance to a mortal whom Thou hast created of the essence of black mud fashioned in shape.


He said: Then get out of it, for surely you are driven away:

(4) And surely on you is curse until the day of judgment.


(5) He said: My Lord! then respite me till the time when they are raised.


He said: So surely you are of the respited ones

Till the period of the time made known.


(6) He said: My Lord! because Thou hast made life evil to me, I will certainly make (evil) fair-seeming to them on earth, and I will certainly cause them all to deviate
(7) Except Thy servants from among them, the devoted ones.


(8) He said: This is a right way with Me:
Surely. as regards My servants, you have no authority over them except those who follow you of the deviators.


And surely Hell is the promised place of them all:
It has seven gates; for every gate there shall be a separate party of them.
Surely those who guard (against evil) shall be in the midst of gardens and fountains:
Enter them in peace, secure.
And We will root out whatever of rancor is in their breasts-- (they shall be) as brethren, on raised couches, face to face.
Toil shall not afflict them in it, nor shall they be ever ejected from it.


Inform My servants that I am the Forgiving, the Merciful,

And that My punishment-- that is the painful punishment.


Holy Quran, 15:28-50

* * *

(1) History - past background
(2) disobedience, opposition to God & angels
(3) racism & arrogance -- Ego
(4) such is cursed and rejected
(5) the plot unfolds
(6) supreme disbelief: blaming Allah for his own sins
the promise to mislead mankind.
The manner of tricking us to sin: he makes evil appear good.
Know Your Enemy.
(7) the limits of his power -- you can be free
(8) the promise & the threat
Allah will help and protect the good
and He will punish the bad

and this is the setting for our lives.

* * *

lessons from daily 50,
16/08/08

1 comment:

blizs/ful said...

there are two sides to every evil;

the satan that suggests it
and
the ego that accepts it

both have their role, I would say.

thanks for your comment.