Tuesday 6 February 2007

green

for bery, wherever you are now.

for those of you who don't know who bery is (and that would probably be all of you), I met him a long time ago, and spoke to him only handful of times. I still remember him for what I saw of his character in those few words, and his spirit as a Seeker of Truth. This poem would be an account of the first time we met.

For those of you now getting worried (and again, that would probably be all of you -- not least bery if he were to read this), don't. As he once told me, "I am not your long-lost brother". And of course, he is not. He was just someone a few ladders across from me and higher up, who -- by the grace of God -- was there to call down some words of wisdom that helped me, when i'd just got hold of the first few rungs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Idly passing the time
your words caught my attention
and through, revealed at once
an effortless brilliance
and gentle grace

the minds eye overpowered my vision, &
i saw my path between jagged
red stone mountains in midmorning sun
climbing past rocky veils
for the final turn
and push over and up

to suddenly stand before the rising horizon
& see full to the ground

and be knocked breathless
by the sight

of rolling green, forrested hills
a secret valley... thick with trees,
enshrouded in mists,
leaves rustling, birds singing,
in every contrast to the red dust all around

pulsing and humming with
Life

overwhelmed by its beauty, i sat,
dumbfounded,
staring silently at the screen.


(c) from an event much earlier, put to words Sep 2006

No comments: